Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Welcome

Keep up to date with the latest club news
handicam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby handicam » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:45 pm

Hi Guys,
My name is Dean and we have only just returned from disneyland last week (trip 4). We live in South Australia and are just as mad on disney as everyone else in the club.My wife,Angela and 2 boys,Mitchell (12)and Ryleigh (4) spent 11 days at the happiest place on earth and we stayed at the Carousel Inn and also the Disneyland Hotel.
We have been to 1 of the meetings in Sydney when we went to the Lion King last November. (we won the raffle prizes as well).
Anyway hope to be in Hong Kong on opening day.Anybody who wishes to come along and join me let me know. :D :D :D

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:00 pm

Hi Dean,

A big welcome to you and your family to our happy little band of forum frequenters. :D

I'm starting to get a bit jealous of all the people who have just been to Disneyland, it's been something like 6 years since I've been there. :(

It must have been a magical for your sons, the perfect ages for a trip like that, although how do they handle the flights?

Greg

handicam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Flying with kids

Postby handicam » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:00 am

The kids actually loved the flight in particular your own tv monitor which you could choose a variety of movies,games and tv channels.I know qantas is probably dearer but with frequent flyers my next visit will be paid for.Hopefully 2006 to Disneyworld and Disneyland but Hong Kong this year. :D :D :D :D

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:00 am

G'day Dean - ahh yes, the club visit to The Lion King - now that was a night to remember!

Glad to see you online. I can see you are still hyped up about your trip - all those smiley faces remind me of how I felt last month :D

You must let us know what Hong Kong is like...I'm in the planning stage myself. Are you staying at one of the hotels on site, or in the City?

We expect the low-down when you return :)

Seeya,

KeithS

WayneG
B Ticket
B Ticket

Hong Kong Disneyland Opening Day Tickets

Postby WayneG » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:36 am

:lol: Dean,

Tickets to Opening Day at Hong Kong Disneyland are now available for purchase on the Hong Kong Disneyland web site. Get in quick as only 12,000 are available for purchase.

Wayne

handicam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby handicam » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:31 pm

I have just gone through 16 tapes we shot on our trip to d/land last week.
Some great stuff,in particular the ride footage from grizzly peak and the paradise pier stuff. If I could invent scratch and sniff to go with the video I wouldnt need to go to Disneyland.
A great read for anyone too is the book"Disneyland,Now then and Forever". Great photos of the building of Disneyland and the old rides in colour. Disney detective also a great look at each land for the hidden mickey buffs.

calisota
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby calisota » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:20 pm

I have just gone through 16 tapes we shot on our trip to d/land last week.
Do you have any still shots that you could upload to our photo gallery section? Someone like me who hasn't been for quite awhile would appreciate seeing some up to date views.

If you would consider writing a short trip report you could have the honour of being our pioneer reporter. :)

Greg

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

a note from a newbie

Postby mushu mama » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:12 pm

Hello every one, What a treat to find this website and forum. This is my first ever post on any forum so forgive me as I learn. I am a new member to your fine club and from the other posts that I have read, I have finally found likeminded souls. My name is Lisa and a lifelong Disney devotee. I am married (Steve - not a devotee) with two kids (Zach 14, and Millie 11 both fans still achieving devotee status!) We have visited only one Disney Park (Sniff!) in Tokyo almost 6 years ago (It was a Mulan video comp that lead to the trip so now my favourite character is mushu) and the urge to visit another park is overwhelming. We live in the middle of nowhere, Victoria and love to travel but have not ventured overseas for a while. I love to collect Disneyland memorabilia, Disney pins (mostly LE) and Mickey Mouse stuff. My next trip will either be to Hong Kong or Anaheim, but my dream trip would be the Disney cruise. I am a scrapbook teacher and never tire of scrapping anything with a Disney theme (and lets face it, you can theme anything Disney if you really try). I look forward to lots of Disney chats and hope to visit a meeting or two in Sydney during this year. But first we're off to the Comm Games to cheer on the Aussies. Cheers,Lisa.

handicam
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby handicam » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:04 pm

Hi Lisa from Horsham,
Glad to see you have joined the rest of us disney mad fans.Do you ever go to blue ribbon raceway in Horsham as I video over there sometimes.If you do let me know and we could catch up and discuss Disneyland or anything Disney as we have returned from trip 5 the other day. :lol: :lol:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:48 pm

Hello Handicam, sorry I dont get out to the raceway, but would love to talk Disney, just email me if you are heading over, Cheers,Lisa.

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:07 pm

Wow - I've been away for a few weeks as I was tied up with work (oh...and a trip to Hong Kong DL - got back last night :D stand by for trip report :)) - now I come back to the forum and we have a bunch of new members!

Hiya everyone, my name is Keith and I'm based down in Sydney - what a shame so many of you guys are spread around the country - we'd love to see you all at a Sydney Down Under Disneyana meeting sometime.

Our next meeting is in May - and in July we a having a Pirates of the Caribbean themed meeting to coincide with the launch of the new movie. It will include a couple of guest speakers from the US via telephone - should be a great night :)

Anyway, I've got a trip report to write and have to organise photos for uploads etc.

Catch you all soon.

(Just noticed this was my 100th post - now I'm a B-Ticket! Yay)
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:55 pm

Hi,

My name is Sandie, I have been a club member for about 8 years. My primary interest is in the theme parks but I often buy other disney related items that grab my interest!!!

I love usless information so I quite often carry pointless Disney Trivia in my head.

I live in Sydney and am married with 2 kids. We are currently planning an Aust/September 2007 trip witch will cover various parts of the US but will finish with 24 days in Orlando. This will be my 7th trip to the US, my husbands 5th and both my kids 3rd.

I am somewhat anal in my planning but do manage to get a 6 week trip to the US for under $20,000 every few years so I guess it pays off - although my friends constantly make fun of me!!!!!

I spend in between trips scrapbooking my Disney photos - my family-less DL trip in 2005 is finished but I am still working my way through the 3500 photos I took on our 2003 family trip!!!

Sandie

Lashbear
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Lashbear » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:50 pm

Dear Disneyland Guests, Please be advised that this Post is a high-speed thrilling attraction and contains many ups and downs. Please keep your hands and arms inside the Post at all times.

Hi all !

My name's Rob, and I'm a mad disney fan since 1969 when I first heard about it from my Aunt who had just returned from Disneyland with a Donald Duck stuffed toy (sewn out of white corduroy and stuffed with sawdust in those early days).

I have slavishly recorded video clips of anything to do with Disneyland on the telly (anyone remember "40 pounds of trouble" with Tony Curtis?) and I used to frequent travel agencies and collect USA brochures so I could cut out the pictures of Disneyland and paste them into my scrap-book.

I got hold of as many Disneyland books as I could (not enough, unfortunately) and also had (and lost) many viewmaster reels, comics and disneyana related to the parks.

My first trip to Disneyland was in December 1991, for 2 weeks. I then had the good fortune to return there in July 1999, just as they were building DCA (but before it opened) - but only for a day.

I then returned to Disneyland & DCA in November 2002 for two weeks, and then went over in the same trip to WDW in Florida for two weeks. This trip was the first time I had heard of the 14 day Aussie special Park Hopper ticket. Boy did I use that ticket - it was worn out by the end of the trip.

Then in March 2005 I went to Tokyo, and of course had to go to Disneyland - WOW :o ! But Tokyo Disneysea was even more WOW :shock: - This quickly became my favourite Disney Park (with the original Disneyland a very close second). I made use of a 4 day Park Hopper for this trip.

Now I am returning to Disneyland once more, this time in April 2007 - again for two weeks. I will make sure that I get another 14 day Aussie Special ticket for this trip. It will be my first time on the Californian version of Tower Of Terror, as it had not opened yet when I was there in 2002. I'm hoping that Nemo's Subs will be available for Soft-Openings while I'm there :wink:

Oh, and I have a confession - in "Tough To Be A Bug" at DCA, I lean forward in the seat cos I'm chicken of the bee-sting effect. :oops:

You can see my Tokyo pics including DIsneyland and the ALternative Universe Mirror Disney - Nara Dreamland, on my site at http://users.tpg.com.au/adslgroh/japan/Hub.htm

I heard about this site from a news article I got sent via Laughing Place. (article link is http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20060 ... rld_tour_1 ) I'll be joining up as a member quick smart, and I hope to see lots of you for a meet in Sydney soon ! (or just as soon as you all get back, that is....)
DLR in March/April 2007

sandie
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby sandie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:04 pm

Hi Rob,

Welcome.

Not all of us were lucky to escape on teh big club trip- but it has been quiet here lately! The next meeting should be great!

We are going to the US next year too. We are doing 3 weeksof non Disney stuff (including a few other theme parks) and then a big 23 nights at WDW.

Can't wait!

Sandie

Lashbear
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Lashbear » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:12 pm

Hi Sandie ! Thanks for the welcome.

I won't put it here, but look in the WDW forum in a few minutes time for my review of Victoria & Albert's. you HAVE to eat there - it's enough to blow your mind !

Cheers,
Rob.
DLR in March/April 2007

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”