Down Under Disneyana Australian Disney Forum-Down Under Disneyana – Australia's premiere Disney fan site

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the Register link to proceed.

Club Theme Parks Trip

Keep up to date with the latest club news
Minnies Yoo Hoo
A Ticket
A Ticket

Postby Minnies Yoo Hoo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Gerard said

"for those going to Tokyo Raging Spirits will be down from the 5th September"

Gerard,
Has your departure date for Tokyo been brought foward to Sunday 3rd?
It will give us valuable extra time in the park (yeh!) I really don't know how we are going to cram everything in as it is.
A definite must is Raging Spirits, and if thats in Disney seas and and it's due for refurbishment then thats where we will be headed.
If I remember correctly, I'm sure that Wayne mentioned something about having to nominate which park and on what day you want to visit in advance.
Am I remembering correctly? and if so when do we have to do this?

Julie

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:04 pm

I will be going on this day as well , if I remember correctly the way the Tokyo multi day passes work is that for the first two days you can only visit one park a day eg TDS day one and TDL day two, you can park hop the next two days .

On another board a Tokyo Disney "Expert" said that the 4th will be very busy. I too will be leaving on the 3rd and arriving on early on the 4th , this guy also said we should make it to the park by opening (the Airport is quite a drive from Tokyo)

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Disney's Halloweentime

Postby KeithS » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:34 pm

Looks like we are in for a special time in October. As the 50th celebration ends, Disneyland Resort in Anaheim is launching its interim new program for October - Disney's Halloweentime.

I've included the full press release below so you can see what we are getting ourselves into! :D

“Disney’s HalloweenTime will be a wonderful opportunity for families to come together and enjoy the make-believe aspects of the holiday,” said Matt Ouimet, president of the Disneyland Resort. “We hope families will begin a new holiday tradition of celebrating Halloween with us here at the Disneyland Resort.”

The autumn motif will be immediately apparent as Guests approach Disneyland park where charming jack- o-lantern creations depicting Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto and Goofy will adorn the rooftop of the Main Entrance. Upon entering the park, Guests will see the familiar imagery of the “Mickey Planter” below the Main Street Train Station transformed into a canvas of pumpkins and a masked Mickey face, featuring a skin-tone and ears created with real miniature white and orange pumpkins.

On Main Street, U.S.A. festive orange and yellow bunting will grace the quaint Victorian buildings while fall will be in full bloom in the flowerbeds and streetlamp flower boxes with a floral palette of green, purple, orange and yellow. A centerpiece of Town Square will be a 12-foot tall Mickey Mouse jack-o-lantern, complete with pumpkin ears. The carved Mickey image will greet Guests with a smile as they stroll down Main Street and will give them a playful wink as they depart while casting a warm glow at night.

The Central Plaza of Disneyland will also be specially decorated with Disney Character-inspired jack-o-lanterns surrounding the famous “Partners” statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse. Additionally, the Disney Characters themselves will get into the “spirit” of the occasion, wearing their favorite Halloween costumes, while meeting and greeting Guests in Town Square and the Central Plaza.

At the Halloween Round-Up in Frontierland little ones visiting Big Thunder Ranch will have fun enjoying crafts and listening to a few tall, and possibly spooky, tales. The round-up will also feature an array of tasty treats to satisfy the most monstrous of appetites including cotton candy in Halloween colors, plus little frights can participate in some Spooky-Kookie-Cookie decorating.

As part of Disney’s HalloweenTime the popular seasonal attraction “Haunted Mansion Holiday” returns in New Orleans Square to delight guests by showing what happens when the traditions of Halloween and Christmas collide, resulting in holiday mayhem. Inspired by the innovative animated film Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, “Haunted Mansion Holiday” depicts a holiday season as taken over by Jack Skellington and his friends from Halloweentown.

Across the Disneyland Resort esplanade, Guests to Disney’s California Adventure park will instantly be immersed in the spirit of Halloween fun as they encounter the iconic 11 foot tall “CALIFORNIA” entranceway letters - - now seemingly made from giant pieces of candy corn. Once inside the park Guests will thrill to meeting an assortment of Disney Villains on the prowl while enjoying the enhanced atmosphere décor in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

Looming 183 feet high (the tallest attraction at the Disneyland Resort) and tempting guests to leave reality behind is the Hollywood Tower Hotel, site of the terrifying, other-worldly experience that is “The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.” The park’s popular supernatural adventure, based on “a lost episode” of the classic Twilight Zone(R) television series, will take on an even more ominous presence with enhanced décor and creepy staff (such as the hotel maid whose shift never ends!).

Disney’s HalloweenTime, a new seasonal tradition, will be presented throughout the Disneyland Resort from Sept. 29 – Oct. 31, 2006."
Keith

Trip history:
DLR: 2005, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18
DLRP: 2006
HKDL: 2006 (Mar & Sept), 11 (Apr & Dec), 14, 19
SDR: 2017
TDR: 2008, 10, 17
WDW: 2006, 13 (Mar & Sept), 16, 19
DCL: 2013, 15 (Alaska & Hawaii), 18
Aulani: 2015

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:25 am

:D Only 38 days to go (for those going to Tokyo)

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:57 pm

Rub it in Gerard!

42 sleeps for me :)

Don't forget we are having our traveller's dinner on the 12th August. Should be a great get together to discuss the trip.

For those who aren't going, I'm going to try and provide some updates of what we are up to via the website (just to make you all feel bad about not joining us!) Of course, if I get distracted, there may not be any updates until we return :P !!
Keith

Trip history:

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:05 am

Keith
I have the date maked in my diary for the dinner, I don't have any other details like location

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:41 pm

Heyya Gerard, I 'believe' it is at the Black Stump restaurant in Bankstown. I'll confirm time and location and get back to you.
Keith

Trip history:

mushu mama
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby mushu mama » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:21 am

Gerard - COOL COUNTDOWN TRAIN.......love it! :)

And

Keith
- I was pretty sure you would be counting sleeps..... Lucky you :)

I really hope you guys do give us poor 'can't-go-on-the-trip' type people updates on how the trip is progressing.
- The curiosity factor will be higher than the envy factor. :D

~Lisa

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:17 am

Only 1 month to go or 28 days 11 hours and 54 min
:D or only 33 days to go for those starting at Hong Kong

Do we know the address of the Black Stump or time?

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:41 am

Do we know the address of the Black Stump or time?
Hi Gerard - sorry about my silence (continuing PC troubles at home...)

The dinner next Saturday is at the Black Stump Restaurant, 196 Stacey Street Bankstown (about five minutes drive from the club meeting hall. Just turn left onto the Hume Hwy from the hall, travel about 2 klms, then right into Stacey Street at the big set of lights. The Blackstump is about 1.5 klms on the right hand side of the road, just over the railway bridge - you have to go to set of lights past the restaurant and double back.)

Dinner is scheduled for 6:30pm, so we'll see you there!
Keith

Trip history:

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:36 am

Thanks Keith, Ill see you there
Only 25 days to go :D

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:21 pm

I just got all my documents \:D/
I had to call Jennie to thank her as well as looking into September 10th.
I am sure we were going to have a non park day this day and go on the tuesday.

The documents are saying we have a disneyland ticket this day and that it is for this day only , we don't have one for the tuesday.

Jennie is looking into it

PS only 16 days to go

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

Postby KeithS » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:26 pm

My package arrived today as well. I have also noticed that the HK Disneyland ticket did not include the 12th...we may have to get that amended, although when I was there earlier this year, tickets were not date specific - they were just issued as either weekend, or weekday tickets. Guess we'll have to wait to see what Jennie says.

Also, I have all of Wayne and Jennifer's vouchers as our names were on the one itinerary - I guess I had better not lose them :D

21 sleeps for me :D

Wayne - if you read this, are you able to advise what we are doing about the AP photo session in Sydney? I'm guessing we'll be doing on a weekend. I'm in Melbourne all next week and possibly the week after, but here in Sydney on the weekends.
Keith

Trip history:

KeithS
Annual Pass
Annual Pass

MiceQuest

Postby KeithS » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:38 pm

Well we've booked the seven Micequest tickets for the 30th September - so we will all be off treasure hunting through Disneyland in a few weeks time :)

They were $35US each - Della paid for them and she just said to give her US dollars when we get to Orlando (that way she can start spending straight away I think :D ) rather than worrying about conversion rates.
Keith

Trip history:

Gerard
E Ticket
E Ticket

Postby Gerard » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:49 pm

I just picked up my cash for the trip, it's all multi coloured
If you want free money, just go to Westpac

Me: I am here to pick up some foreign currency I ordered
Bank teller: are you Gerard
Me: Yes
Bank Teller: do you know what I have to do?
Me: normally you count it out in front of me
Bank teller: OK (after counting it hands it over to me)
Me: don't you want to see any ID
Bank Teller: oh OK
Me: :shock:

Scary, all you need to do is go to a Westpac bank and say you wish to pick up some foreign currency

PS are we booked into Magic Express at Orlando, I will ask Jennie when she gets back to me on the other thing

Only 13 days to go

kuchnie Czeladź

Return to “Down Under Disneyana News”